"...could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?"
{Alma 26:1}
This scripture has been on my mind lately. More like over the last 18 months.
I truly do know from experience that despite the difficult days or moments of uncertainty that we face, our Heavenly Father knows us, our lives, and the timing of all things for us. Trusting Him and His timing is something to be learned, and the only way we can learn those things is by acting in faith.
I never could have supposed that when I started my degree at BYU-Idaho in 2007 and received my Associates degree with no intention to receive my Bachelors any time soon, that God would grant unto me such great blessings; blessings to return to that amazing university, to meet amazing professors that I know I will stay in contact with for decades and perhaps all of my life, to learn of my impact on others, to see myself as who I really am and who I always have been more clearly than ever: a Daughter of God, to be humbled, to learn patience, to be constantly filled with the Spirit, to know of God's knowledge of and love for me, to become stronger, to gain knowledge, to learn to act, to see the blessings of gratitude, to come to know my Savior, to understand that I am precious and have a price far above rubies, to gain talents and strengthen ones I have, to have the opportunity to serve and be served, to love others as well as myself, to let things go, to have a glimpse of what Heavenly Father has in store for me, to gain an understanding that I can impact others for the better, to become a new creature in Christ, to experience great joy!
I am so grateful for time. It can change so many things if we choose to allow God to use it on His terms and to do His will. Our finite minds will never be able to comprehend what great blessings He has in store for us, but we can trust and know that what He has planned for us is nothing short of great and miraculous. Exercise a particle of faith and act - He will bless you and lead your life to a place far more beautiful and perfect than you ever could have imagined, into a "far better land of promise." {Alma 37:45}
No comments:
Post a Comment