Friday, February 6, 2009

jumbled thoughts

Where to start...I'm not even sure.
First off, I guess it's just one of those times in life when everything seems to be happening all at the same time. And most of it right now doesn't even have to do with me, but with others I know. Family, friends, friends of friends...the world! Haha! I'm sure you understand.
It always makes me stop and think throughout the day why people have to go through certain things. And then I answer my own question: because we are here to be tested and tried. We agreed to this. But then I remember that we are all here to help each other, as well. We are not meant to live alone and it is not intended for us to be alone. We are all given differences and talents (sometimes they are the same alike) to help each other. It's such a wonderful thing to realize that we can be an answer to someone's prayer. I know that many of my prayers have been answered through other people. Sometimes even people I don't know. Moments like those give me more courage to help someone that nobody else seems to see or hear. And what a great feeling it is to help others!
I recently have been blessed to get to know some truly selfless people. Their actions and words towards me and others have amazed me and inspired me. Thank you.

* * *

Now for something completely different...but just other things that have been floating around in my head these days. MONEY. I absolutely despise money, I've decided. I understand we need to work and be responsible and contribute to society...but money nowadays as a college student...I just don't like it. At all. Today I went to the grocery store and spent $25. Twenty-five dollars! That's not a lot at all...and yet now I am $5 in overdraft. And on top of that, it's not even my money. It's my mom's. I'm sure glad she loves me to help me out!!! Not having a job surely hasn't been the funnest thing lately, but soon enough things will change and I will somehow repay her and my dad. I'm so glad that they work and can help me in all the ways they have and still do today!
But the good news part of things, I am going home next weekend to see my new niece, Paige LaRyn!!!


I am so excited to see her...and she isn't even a month old. I plan on taking many pictures, holding her for hours and just being able to look at her and smile and revel in the miracle that she is here. I love her so much already, so I know after next weekend I will be head over heels.
Also, I finally successfully made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. This is a breakthrough. I love to bake and cook, but 3 times in a row, the recipe failed me (yes, the recipe. Not me!). I was disappointed every time because I was craving them so much! Finally, a roommate said she adds coconut to hers to thicken them and to add flavor...they were amazing!!! I'm already planning on making more very soon!
Well, other than that, things are going well. School is school and it's almost midterms. I'm not sure exactly where the time went, but oh well...
Hopefully all is well wherever you are!

1 comment:

Nyssa said...

HOw are you getting home? I will be the only one home in my apartment and that is just sad :(