Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my weekend...

Happy Tuesday! Well...it's been a while since I've posted anything...and a lot has happened, but it has been so great!
Last Thursday I left town to go to Provo, and then to Vegas to see my new niece, Paige! I was looking forward to it for so long...and it was just as I imagined it and more!!! I thought she was adorable in pictures...she was even more precious in person! I love her even more. She had the most sweet spirit about her, too. I got a bit sad leaving her Monday morning...she really has changed my life in some ways, already. In a way, it almost feels like I've been waiting for her for a while (more than 9 months!)...it's great to have her here with me, finally, and of course with the entire family.


This is me holding Paige for the first time.


Paige with her mommy!

Paige holding grandma's hand

Paige and daddy

Paige wearing the scarf I knitted her


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I also went to Provo for a couple days and that was just excellent! I love that place...it's like a second home. It felt strange to leave it this morning.
Coming back up to school in Idaho was weird this time. It's more recently become like another 'home' to me, but this time, it felt like I was leaving something behind. Maybe it's because I was out of town for 5 days?!?!?! haha! I don't think I've taken a vacation like that from school unless it was between semesters. But it was such a wonderful break!
Well...I'm not sure of what else to write. I had a great weekend and loved being with so many friends and family that aren't here with me...I wish I could see them and be with them more often! I am missing a lot of people right now! That's the hardest part about visiting people you don't see so often. It is such a blessing and a wonderful thing to see them, but afterward, it's hard...I am grateful I could see friends and family and I'm trying to remind myself that! but I still sit here, bored, wondering where they are, and realize they are not just in the living room, or 10 minutes away.
Oh, anyway! Enough blab...things are great up north here in Idaho. Colder, but still good. I'll keep you updated on more fun adventures that come up!

No comments: