My most recent story from work...
A couple weeks ago I was sitting at my desk at work, answering phones and entering orders and such. I heard the front door of our office open. I stood up and went to see if my suspicions of it being a customer were right...and right they were.
An older man with lighter gray hair and a knit sweater was standing in the front showroom, gazing at the items on display. I asked him how I could help him. He quickly replied with what he would like to purchase. We made our way back into the office to place the order.
Sitting down at my computer, I felt a bit embarrassed and young...to the left of my keyboard sat a capri sun and a zip lock bag full of animal crackers and almond M&Ms. I had been snacking on them for the past little while. I tried to just act like it wasn't there and began placing the order. I mentioned to the customer about another product of ours similar to what he was purchasing and asked if we would like to purchase that as well. His response was simple, "No thanks." And without a moment's hesitation he added, "But I wouldn't mind a blue M&M!" He then, of course, proceeded to introduce his stranger-hand to my bag of childish goodies and took a blue M&M...!
?????????????
Who does that?! Haha! I don't even know this man, and yet he felt that it was quite alright to reach into my bag of food and grab an M&M. I would understand if it had all been sitting in a bowl, NOT right next to my desk, or something like that. But honestly...
My co-workers and I were slightly disturbed.
I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant to eat anything from that bag afterward, but was so hungry, I decided it didn't matter and that all would be well with my animal crackers and chocolate covered almonds.
I guess it really isn't that big of a deal...at least he didn't drink out of my water bottle!
Please, folks...let's keep our hands, and sweet tooths, to ourselves!!!
2 comments:
Oh my word! Random!! I'm with you!!
hahahahaaa oh gosh!!! so so sorry. This reminded me of so many 'moments' a friend of mine and I would have at our clinic while working the front desk. How do the y think it's okay to reach across the counter and touch our food/water bottles/lotion/phones/keyboards/computer screens etc??
Post a Comment