Thursday, January 27, 2011

waiting game

I'm really not one for playing games.

Monopoly? Sure! How about a good old game of war?! Yes, count me in! Even better: scum! And, there's always the beloved Scrabble.

Yes, those games, I do love. Even if I do mostly end up losing every time.

But I speak of another game called: waiting.

*alert! obvious lack of patience!*

Yes.

w
a
i
t
i



n









g.


Sometimes I just don't like it. But who does?!

I do know that it's worth the wait, whatever 'it' may be. Always is. Just tough trying to go against human nature and want to know, see, feel, hear, etc. right now! But, alas, wouldn't be so great if you were given whatever 'it' is right away, now would it? No siree (sirree?) Bob.

I feel as if somethings I have chosen to wait for, and that's all good and grand. Really. Like this last little secret of mine. I've got to wait now for a bit to see how things turn out, see what really should happen based on the next few months' turn of events. Or like waiting for the cookies in the oven to finish...although cookie dough is delicious, not as smart to eat.

And then there are other things that I feel I have no control over. Waiting is inevitable. Just hold your horses!!! haha! And so, with no direct control over the situation, but only over yourself...you wisely choose to be patient....RIGHT?! Yes, mother.



...Blast! Can this waiting be over?! No?! Shucks!

Hmm...well along this winding, wandering waiting path, I find myself not changing in some ways. And in some instances that isn't the best thing, and so I try to change and better those things. In other ways, I'm not sure really what's behind this not changing. Maybe it's all me. Maybe it's how it's supposed to be.

And what about when other people are involved? What if you're waiting for them and something they'll do or not do? When do you stop waiting? What if you're not supposed to? When do you draw the line...or more so, how do you draw the line of where you don't put your life on hold waiting for someone to make up their mind, and yet stay true to what you feel inside and not run too far ahead so as to run out of their view entirely?

Hmmmm....hmm indeed.

Time to listen to good music and go to bed.

No comments: