Monday, February 28, 2011

standing on the sidelines

I got chatting with a friend I knew from middle school today. Somehow (of course) the topic of dating was brought up. He asked if I would just instantly 'go' for someone who 'chased after' me. I said no. His response:
"Sounds to me like you are standing on the sidelines of romance...and doing it in Utah too...I am surprised."
Haha!
Not sure if that was a compliment or not. Could be both.
Anyway, the point of this is that it made me laugh. And also realize that I'm grateful I'm not waiting to go weak in the knees for anybody who can impress me. A lot of people can do things that are impressive or persuasive. But to find someone who does it for the right reasons and isn't a fool...well, that'll take some time.
Goodness me, I really need to work on not being so mean.

2 comments:

mustdestroyalltraces said...

eh, i wouldn't say it's mean.

a bit painful, though, because it's true in many cases.

c.j. said...

haha! yes, i'd have to agree.