I'll be moving soon.
Out of state.
And as I write this I can tell I'm getting a bit 'misty eyed' and sad, just at the thought! It's a strange thing to think that I'll be leaving this place I have made my home these past 2 years. I love it here in Utah. It's beautiful and peaceful and wonderful people are here that I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet. So many wonderful people!
And at the same time, I'm excited to go and run off to a new adventure in my life. I'm young. I have the ability to do more things now that I will be able to later in my life. I don't like regrets. I have many already, but more and more as my life goes on, I learn how to lessen the number of wish-I-would-haves. And it feels better. And happier.
It seems I've also been doing some other moving on in my life. And it's a good thing. Moving on from selfish thinking and acting, bad and annoying habits, lazy ways (isn't that what Saturdays are for?!), and other things. I think it's neat to be somewhere in your life and realize that you need to change something and at that moment that you realize that need, you think and are most certain that it will be impossible and most likely the most difficult thing you'll ever have to do. And the first few days are hard. You don't want to change, or it seems easier not to. And then a few weeks go by. And the difficulty isn't like what it used to be. Only every now and then do you remember what used to be. Your days and thoughts are filled more and more with how you are in that moment, and what you can be later.
Until finally, you realize you haven't even thought of or done whatever it is you wanted to remove from your life so that you could change.
And that is a wonderful day.
3 comments:
I am so excited for you! It's going to be a good experience. I need to tell you some people to keep an eye our for because they are fabulous. Let me know if you need any help moving because I would love to help!
good luck out there, friend!
i'm sure so long as you've cookies, you'll make it just fine.
Mmhmm to that, Trace.
Post a Comment