That little 6 letter word up there is my love.
I love to bake.
Let's be honest, I only eat dinner so that I can justify eating the dessert after. And I pretty much have a dessert every day. Not the wisest idea, but hey, at least I'll die happy, right?
...Ok, so I really don't have dessert every day. More like, every other day.
But anyway...
I'm going back to school and will be studying the culinary arts. Pretty much, this will be the best thing ever. Going to class and loving it. And {hopefully} getting to eat it! I've got to say, I'm pleased with myself that I usually end up giving away what I bake, but hey, I want some of it too, sometimes!
I'm realizing that cookies are my thing. I love cookies. I love eating them. I love cookie dough [ice cream]. I love thinking of new ideas of what to put in a cookie. And trust me, I have quite a few...which is actually more than a few...ok so it's a lot.
And then brownies. They aren't as much of my 'thing' as cookies, but I like them a lot. I really want to learn how to make a good, fudge-y homemade brownie. Not the cake-like kind. That's a cake, people! NOT a brownie. Brownies are dense and delicious and deadly due to the intense chocolatey fudge flavor. Cake is light and fluffy. Cake vs. Brownie. See the difference?
And frosting on brownies? NOT my thing. That's just a big no-no in my mind....unless it's cream cheese frosting.
Which brings me to another wish. I wish I could learn how to make cheesecake. Cheesecake is divine. It is the goddess of desserts. One day, perhaps I shall learn the ways of making a cheesecake.
And now I really want some cheesecake.

1 comment:
oh, you and your cookie addiction...
Post a Comment