Today I did something 'new' - something that I normally don't ever volunteer to do, nor would I volunteer to do it sooner than later. But this time, I did.
I gave a presentation in front of my class. There are probably about 40-50 students total.
I am the kind of person who is terrified to stand up in front of a lot of people and talk to them. One on one: that's easy - I could talk forever and possibly never stop! [YIKES]. But about 5-10 people, with me being the 'leader' in discussion or teacher...YIKES.
Anyway, I was determined not to let fear get the best of me this time. No no no. I was going to do it and get it over with and be good at it. So I signed up for the first presentation day for the semester. I NEVER DO THAT.
But, I did.
I got up there and looked people in the eye as I spoke, asked them for questions and gave my thoughts. I know there were times that I mumbled or started stuttering, or got nervous, but honestly it wasn't that bad. I got through it without feeling like my heart was about to hop on out of my body. I got it without freaking out and not feeling entirely sick to my stomach. It was amazing!
Anyway, it was a great experience.
And you know what? I'm a bit excited to do something like that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment