I find it interesting how much your perspective can change within a short amount of time. Also, how much understanding and knowledge you can gain, as well.
Today a friend of mine got married. I was at their luncheon after the wedding and just being there and seeing her felt different than any other time I had been at a wedding event in years previous. It was interesting to sit there and try to figure out why; what things have I learned, understood more, had an increase of appreciation for, experienced, valued, desired, etc...that made this experience different from ones that I've had before?
Moments like this make me pause and reflect just how much we learn and grow in such a short amount of time, as well as over longer periods of time. I'm still quite young, but I feel that I have grown much even in the past two years. I have been able to look at things differently, judge them better, make better choices, and stand up for myself. I've been able to understand more completely what I want out of life and who I am. I believe that this changes many, many things.
So, today for me was a neat day, and it's still not over - their reception is in a couple of hours. But I'm excited because I always remember receptions being this 'celebration' type of event, but now I see it as that and more. I see it as the support of a new family that has just begun; a cause to rejoice because two righteous people found each other and were sealed in the temple, linking not only them to each other if they are faithful, but many generations before and many yet to come; happiness in knowing Heavenly Father's plan for us as families; respect; joy; blessings from God; and so much more. I look at my friend and her husband and just smile and realize that they are doing what is right. Yes, there will be difficult times for them ahead, but they have based this marriage on a sure foundation. They are committed to each other. It is a beautiful thing to finally be able to begin to understand how simply beautiful marriage really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment