Alright, so this is actually a list of the books that I read during my 7 week summer break between semesters...I was on a roll!!! I had a ton of fun reading each book and really can NOT wait for more free time to spend drifting in the world of whatever it may be that lives inside the pages of a good book.
Fablehaven
Fablehaven
{Brandon Mull}
Pretty easy read, for younger children. Fun and different, but simple adventure.
Pretty easy read, for younger children. Fun and different, but simple adventure.
Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star
{Brandon Mull}
Again, easy read...all of them were. But definitely entertaining!
Again, easy read...all of them were. But definitely entertaining!
Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague
{Brandon Mull}
See above.
See above.
Fablehaven: Secret of the Dragon Sanctuary
{Brandon Mull}
See above.
See above.
Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison
{Brandon Mull}
I think Mull did a good job pulling the series together, although I secretly wished there had been more. He has a new series, The Beyonders, that I've heard is great and for a bit older age group...definitely on my fun reading list for this Summer.
I think Mull did a good job pulling the series together, although I secretly wished there had been more. He has a new series, The Beyonders, that I've heard is great and for a bit older age group...definitely on my fun reading list for this Summer.
Mistborn
{Brandon Sanderson}
Finally! An adult book! This book took me a while to really 'get into', but once I did I loved it. I could tell that there were things that Sanderson was purposely leaving out, but it was a great, unique and inventive book!
The Well of Ascension
The Well of Ascension
{Brandon Sanderson}
Even better than the 1st book of the trilogy. Definitely couldn't wait to turn each page!
The Hero of Ages
{Brandon Sanderson}
You guessed it...this was the best of them all! I just wanted to keep reading and figuring things out before I had even finished each chapter. Sanderson really caught me by surprise and had great twists and some really neat symbolism that really captured an overall message and theme of this trilogy. Amazing read. Recommended for anyone.
The Tale of Despereaux
{Kate DiCamillo}
I've never seen the movie, but I knew that Kate DiCamillo was a great writer and I wanted to read one of her books. Really a cute, fun read!
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
{Kate DiaCamillo}
This read touched my heart! Such a tender, sweet story for little children, with some great lessons to be understood by those a bit older.
I've never seen the movie, but I knew that Kate DiCamillo was a great writer and I wanted to read one of her books. Really a cute, fun read!
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
{Kate DiaCamillo}
This read touched my heart! Such a tender, sweet story for little children, with some great lessons to be understood by those a bit older.
No comments:
Post a Comment