I really don't like that the title of this post is true. But alas, it is.
One thing that I've really become more aware of is my insecurity about what others think of me. Which, in all reality, shouldn't matter, really at all (to a degree, yes, because, well, let's hope that I'm at least a good person and kind and the like). I start wondering, during certain situations, if what I do or how much I talk, or how bold/upfront I am, or how impatient I am...comes off to other people as annoying, bothersome and just plain unattractive. It's during these times of worry and self-doubt that I often figure that perhaps just not making contact with such people would be best...which in all reality is completely ridiculous, because it almost always without fail turns out that nobody has ever thought such things about me.
But, as I've said...these are my flaws. I know them. I am them! I think I really need to come to terms that: yes, I am flawed. Yes I am imperfect. Not everybody is going to like me or get along with me, and that's ok - as long as I get along with myself. I really just need to boost up that confidence level somewhere inside of me and constantly think and one day FEEL completely and 100% that I am who I am and accept that there are things that I need to become better at, but really, in all reality, I am who I am. I like it. I love it. And no matter what somebody else thinks or doesn't think, feels or doesn't feel...I will stay me.
new goal for this year: check.
2 comments:
Oh Jenny. I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. You are so wonderful and don't need to worry about what others think. I am so grateful for a wonderful friend like you. You've done so much for me this semester and I feel like I haven't done much of anything for you, and I"m sorry. Thanks again for tonight and wings!
<3 Nyssa
Oh Nyssa. :o) You are such a great friend! Your friendship these past many years is payment enough, pretty much forever. You're wonderful and I'm so grateful to have YOU in my life. I'm so glad Heavenly Father allowed us both to be back together in the same place at the same time!
Post a Comment