
Last year I bought this book and it has given me much to think about. I have set many goals, as well. I think that there is so much in here that should be read by all women! It is such a wonderful thing to read about the first woman on this Earth and how her choice brought us all here, and allowed the Savior to come to the world as well, to save us. I have written down a few things that I love from this book.
- Women, particularly Latter-day Saint women, can and must identify truth. They can and must stand firm in their commitment to that truth, whatever the cost.
~Beverly Campbell
- Might there be a symbolic parallel between the two Gardens in which death was the only real choice if souls were to be saved? Eden, where life was inaugurated into mortality; Gethsemene, where the Atonement and the Resurrection made immortality possible.
~Beverly Campbell
WE WILL STAND
A hand reaches out.
A voice is heard.
A prophet's invitation-plea:
"Come stand with us."
Type and shadow of another voice:
"Come follow me."
Woman answers: "I will stand with you!"
"Woman has always stood,"
Echoes from corridors of time.
I am woman in the Garden - Mother of all living who
courageously partook that man might be.
I am woman at that stable - Who gently acquiesced that a
God-child might also be.
Will I stand?
Without question I will stand!
I am woman at the well - first to whom Jesus revealed
Himself as Messiah, anxious to alert others of identity divine.
I am woman-friend of Jesus - in whose home of faith the
dead was raised, disciples taught saving truths sublime.
Will I stand?
Could I do other than stand?
I am woman with the alabaster box - anointing the Savior
unto His burial; lone in recognition that crucifixion is near.
I am woman at the tomb - asked to deliver the glorious
message that a risen Christ did appear.
Will I stand?
Indeed, I will stand.
In the Garden
At the Cradle
By the Cross
Woman has always stood!
As a woman-disciple I will utilize my love, intellect, and
energy to strengthen my family and then the families of our society.
As a daughter-disciple I will see selflessness, sacrifice, and
compassion as traits of the Savior; I will focus on
righteousness, service, and wholeness.
As a sister-disciple, I will stand with and I will stand for
His beloved prophets and apostles, and with His
servants all across the Church, just as did my sisters
stand with the Savior, even in the hour of His
humiliation, agony and death.
Out of my strength I will offer -
A comforting hand
A listening ear
A believing heart
An encouraging word
An unstinting loyalty
A partnership of trust
Will women stand?
To the last breath.
We will stand!
~Beverly Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment