Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ooh! Aah! Ohh! Wow!

Frederick E. Church - Twilight in the Wilderness
Life really is wonderfully beautiful, isn't it? Well, yes! I am always in awe at the beauty that surrounds me, and not just from the earth. Although natural beauty from the environment is astounding and amazing, I also find myself gazing with wonder at buildings, people and music, itself (although sometimes not gazing, but listening...!). I believe all people are gifted, talented, unique but equal, and beautiful in their own way. I feel so blessed to know so many people that enrich my life and engulf it with love and friendship. I think some of the best moments that really touch my heart and ultimately, my life, is when someone unbeknown to me does something that changes my life or my outlook on it and makes it better or makes me rethink what I'm doing, or sometimes what I'm not...or when someone I know very well does something that causes the same reaction, but also adds an appreciation and a different view towards them as a person - they become even more intricately woven with additional threads of exquisiteness and unique differences and characteristics that I never even imagined a person could inherit or have, but I am glad I was wrong.
People are born with gifts. People learn about and gain new ones as life goes along. The most beautiful part about it all is that when we share and exemplify our own traits in life, whether knowingly, or out of habit, others see it and that is how they gain new ones...I love that reality of sharing and bringing others to the sunshine during darker, more cloudy days of life. Life's journey, more like a trek (one that only becomes beaten from beating us up!) is an interesting, twisting, winding and surprise-filled one, that somehow never fully goes along with anyone else. Now, just to clarify, luckily, paths do cross with others along the way. If I could share one thing I am tremendously grateful for is, is that my path has crossed, is crossed and will cross with others'. I know that Heavenly Father is fully aware of us, His children, because of the people I have been blessed with in my life.
Times have been tough and there have definitely been days where the sun seems nonexistent, the clouds immovable and the rain torrential. But the Son does exist, the clouds will always part and the rain will only wash away the grey that it came upon. Storms do not come to take us away with it, but to test us and make us stronger. I love the beauty that surrounds me in all forms; all of it uplifts me. Serve others and you will serve the Lord. What a gift it is to be able to serve others! What a blessing it is to learn something that brings you joy and then to pass that joy along - we all are in need of joy. I'm sure there isn't one person who has too many hugs, 'hellos', calls, emails, texts, late night chats, and ultimately, love. Loving eyes and caring hands that exemplify the understanding and desire to help can change someone's life. Never forget that being kind is more than just smiling and waving hello - it can be an answer to someone's prayer, and that is one of the most beautiful things that I know.

No comments: