I absolutely love Sundays, and today was probably the best Sunday I've ever had.
First, I woke up to snow, not only coming down in little white sparkles, but covering the ground in a big, fluffy white blanket. It was such a happy and beautiful surprise to open the door and see!
Then, my roommate and I found a present on our doorstep. It contained a cd full of great, classic Christmas songs sung by Johnny Mathis, The Beach Boys, The Carpenters, Bobby Helms, Andy Williams, Jimmy Buffett and Brenda Lee. Goodness, it was so much fun to listen and dance to those songs! It really got us in the Christmas/December mood. Honest, before today, it didn't truly feel like December or even Christmas, for that matter. So, this is all just splendid!
After this, I went to Church. It was such a wonderful block of meetings, and ones that I don't think I will ever forget. The Bishop said he wished the meetings wouldn't end, but that we could all just stay there together and continue feeling the Spirit.
One man got up to bear his testimony and mentioned how he learned Spanish on his mission. He learned the word for more was "mas". He then told us how he realized that those were the last three letters of Christmas. He explained how it really does seem that around this time of year, there is more love, more happiness, more kindness, more generosity, more caring, and especially more feelings of the Spirit.
Tonight was also the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. If you did not have the chance to listen or watch this, I suggest you take the time to. The messages and Spirit felt not only through words, but also through music, were absolutely touching and inspiring. They warmed my heart and added an even extra measure (I didn't know there could have been any more, but I'm so glad there was!) of joy, peace and love to today's events. I am so grateful that we are blessed with such great leaders who are filled with the Spirit, with the love of God. They have so much to share and I'm grateful I could listen to their words tonight.
To end the perfect day, I'll be listening to more Christmas music, and eating homemade chocolate chip cookies and drinking hot chocolate with my roommate.
Hope your Sunday has been wonderful! Happy December to all!
2 comments:
I'm so glad someone else had just as fabulous of a day that I did. I loved the devotional. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
I'm glad you had a beautiful day, as well. And today really was perfect, as was the devotional. I love how things are said right when you need to hear them.
Post a Comment