It took me quite a while to get everything situated because I had nowhere to put my clothes. I had some places in my closet to hang them, but you can't hang everything! So...today I got some drawers that fit inside my closet for socks and undershirts and such. Thank heavens! It literally helped everything get put away...the days of living out of a suitcase while living in a room are over! What a relief.
So, after much hanging of dresses, skirts, pants and coats, I closed the closet doors and felt at peace. I sat down on my bed and just let in sink in.
I decided to start writing while I had the free time and, while writing, thought some more about how nice it looked in my room, having it all spic and span, spiffy and clean!
errrrrrrrrrrhhhhk!
What was that?
Maybe it was the people upstairs. You are in a basement apartment, ya know.
Oh, that's probably it.
EERRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHKKK!!!
PLUNK!
CRASH!
SCRATCH!
PLOP!
(horrible sound effects, but you get the idea...)
All of the sudden, I see one of my closet doors open a bit by the great force of clothes slowing oozing out from their closet jail. I huffed and puffed, softly and semi-frightened. "OH NO," I cried.
And then, I sat there and laughed. And laughed!
What are the odds that after you finally get around to getting everything put away and in its own cubby and nook and cranny are filled, something happens...something goes wrong? Something wrong as in ALL of your clothes you just hung up on that rod fell off because the rod broke off the nail that it was attached to?! And now, the rod is bent, broken, and missing some other parts because of the snap and pressure of all those coats...lousy coats!
I guess the odds are pretty high. Higher than I thought.
So, after much hanging of dresses, skirts, pants and coats, I closed the closet doors and felt at peace. I sat down on my bed and just let in sink in.
I decided to start writing while I had the free time and, while writing, thought some more about how nice it looked in my room, having it all spic and span, spiffy and clean!
errrrrrrrrrrhhhhk!
What was that?
Maybe it was the people upstairs. You are in a basement apartment, ya know.
Oh, that's probably it.
EERRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHKKK!!!
PLUNK!
CRASH!
SCRATCH!
PLOP!
(horrible sound effects, but you get the idea...)
All of the sudden, I see one of my closet doors open a bit by the great force of clothes slowing oozing out from their closet jail. I huffed and puffed, softly and semi-frightened. "OH NO," I cried.
And then, I sat there and laughed. And laughed!
What are the odds that after you finally get around to getting everything put away and in its own cubby and nook and cranny are filled, something happens...something goes wrong? Something wrong as in ALL of your clothes you just hung up on that rod fell off because the rod broke off the nail that it was attached to?! And now, the rod is bent, broken, and missing some other parts because of the snap and pressure of all those coats...lousy coats!
I guess the odds are pretty high. Higher than I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment