Today has been wonderful.
Today has been great.
Today has been long, but still wonderful and great.
Today is Sunday, my favorite day of the week (closely followed by Wednesday).
Today I saw friends.
While seeing Music & the Spoken Word.
Which definitely aided in making today superb - great music in the morning, what more can you ask for? Oh, well, I guess there are a few things...
Today was a beautiful day, weather-wise.
Today I had hot chocolate. Twice.
Today I saw my family.
Today I laughed.
Today I sang. Christmas songs! I sung with cheer.
Today I thought about others.
Today I thought about myself.
Today I was reflective.
Today I was thoughtful about my life and goals I have.
Today I made new goals.
Today I recommitted. To a lot of things that I've recommitted before and obviously needed to recommit to again.
...
Today I was hopeful for a better December than last.
Today I had a good chat with my roommate.
Today I was able to remember wonderful moments in my life where the Lord has been there for me...constantly. Never failing.
Today was a good day.
And yet...it was a bit of a rough, tough day, in some ways. Wonderful, yes. Difficult, yes.
Difficult because it is the end of the year and those blues have got me good some times. Blasted blue.
Difficult because I wish I was more.
Difficult because I was sad that I have lacked things this year, or just the end of the year...and had I not, I could have been 'somewhere else', or down a different road in my life, maybe.
Difficult because, because, because, because, becaaaauuuusssseee! Because of the won - oh, wait, wrong sentence.
Difficult because I really stepped back and look at what I've been doing and had a hard time seeing more than what I haven't done.
But, enough of those difficulties...
Today was also hopeful.
Hopeful in knowing:
I can change.
Tomorrow is another day. Despite all the yesterdays and weeks and times-gone-by, I can change. Stop thinking and resting your mind on matters passed and focus on what will be and how you can make it best.
Heavenly Father loves me and has created a way for me to keep getting better, trying and progressing in all righteous ways.
The Atonement is real and vital for me, in more ways than one. So many more ways...
I am cared for and loved.
I learned new things.
Yes...even though I don't care for roller coasters, today was a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment