Monday, May 7, 2012

you'll never know until you try

...right?

A couple of weeks ago I did something that I never do: I auditioned for a choir.  I never audition for anything.  Isn't really my cup of tea, really.  But, alas, being part of a group, especially a musical group, that would be singing hymns has been something I wanted to be a part of for quite some time, but never had the opportunity, or the courage, to do so.  Well, here was my chance...and I took it!

And...I got in!  It was a bit of a surprise, but I am so thankful that I did.  I'm so excited to get to know all of the members of the choir (there's about 34 of us) and get to know and sing all of the songs.  It is a choir that puts together a spiritual musical fireside and performs every Sunday during the semester.  This semester's theme is This is the Christ.  We only have gone over 2 songs, but I can just tell that it is going to be amazingly powerful and beautiful. 

I'm also quite excited because the choir will be traveling to Utah toward the end of June to perform a few times there and that means my family can come and see and hear the choir!

I love when you try something you've never done before, or something you're not all too confident about and things just work out; you realize that Heavenly Father has given you strength, comfort, talents and opportunities to improve yourself and share the reality that He and His Son live and love us.  What a beautiful thing!

No comments: