And yet, as I typed that, I realized that all moments and days of my life have been. But recently I have been able to more clearly and constantly recognize the hand of the Lord in my life and it has been a beautiful thing.
I finally got the courage up to audition for a choir in the community and made it in! Shocker (for me)! I feel so very blessed to be in this choir. We put together a musical fireside and have a fireside every Sunday. The music selection is so beautiful. The theme this semester is This is the Christ. One of my favorite songs is titled: I Need Thee Lord. It is a song about a man who was blind who was then healed by Christ. Every time we sing this song, even during practices, I can feel the Spirit immediately pouring into mine. It's such an immense and true, strong feeling. I love it.
Another great blessing from being in this choir is the people. One of my roommates said to me when I got into the choir, "You're going to meet some great people and make a lot of great friends." I felt like maybe it was a bit cliche, but goodness am I glad it turned out to be true on both accounts. I have only been a part of this choir for about a month or so, but I can already tell that everyone in this choir is unique, special and that they truly have a great love for the Spirit, especially the Spirit that comes through music. I feel I have met so many great and wonderful people and I feel so blessed to constantly be around them. It has been so uplifting in so many ways to be with them twice a week.
Also something that has been a constant blessing for the past year has been my ability to complete things, and not only that but to complete them well and even above average. I go to school full time and also work part time. I had never had a job while going to school before I returned and was a bit hesitant about doing that, but I knew that it needed to happen to help with my (depleted) funds for...well, anything and everything. And somehow, miraculously (literally, miraculously!), I have been able to balance both school and work not only well enough to get by, but well enough to succeed more than I ever have in my schooling before. It truly is humbly to realize that although you are putting an effort forth, there is a much greater force helping you to get by and to excel and even exceed your own expectations for yourself. I have been amazed at my abilities and my capacity to do all that have this past year. I know that Heavenly Father is constantly helping me and it is such a beautiful thing to be a part of and live each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment