Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday is Crêpe Day!

Even though I don't have classes in the morning, I usually don't 'make' breakfast. I'll eat things like toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit and juice. But Saturday is different. Saturday is crêpe day!!! I love Saturdays! So, I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes that I've found so far.

1 C flour
2 eggs
1/2 C milk
1/2 C water
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. sugar (optional)

Combine all ingredients. If mixture is a bit thick, add more water - it should be a bit thin.


I usually add about 1 Tablespoon of sugar (optional)
Spray crêpe pan (or if you don't have one, just a round frying pan will do) with non-stick spray, or lightly coat with oil. Warm pan. Pour in about 1/2 cup of batter into pan and swirl pan around so batter coats all sides of pan.

Edges of crêpe will begin to curl up - time to flip!
After you flip the crêpe, some areas may be golden brown - mmm! The other side of the crêpe will cook pretty quickly, considering the thinness of the batter. Once it is done, it can move around the pan without sticking anywhere. Time to eat!!!

You can put anything on crêpes! Fruit, deli meat, cheese,
chocolate, ice cream - you name it! And yes, it always tastes good.
One of my favorites (when I'm in the sweet-tooth mood) is butter and
powdered sugar or sometimes cinnamon sugar! Whoa! I can only eat
about 2 of those! After you put on whatever toppings you'd like,
either roll it up, or fold it in half and then in half again,
so it creates a triangle shape.

I'm not quite sure what the face was for, but...
the crêpes were delicious!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Did Mary and I introduce you to the butter/cinnamon sugar on crepes? It's only my favorite way to eat them!! Hooray for crepes!

c.j. said...

You might have...that was so nice to eat them over Christmas break! mmm...