Recently life has caught up with me. It wanted to play, but I wasn't really in the mood. Unfortunately, life didn't care and it beat me to the chase. Tag, I'm it! Oh the joys...
Amidst all the tough and trying times in ones' life, I think the most important thing to do is embraced in one word, three syllables: Remember.
President Spencer W. Kimball said that perhaps the most important word is remember. Over the past few months, I have personally learned for myself that this holds so much truth to it! And the wonderful beauty about it all is that it really applies to everything.
If we are placed in situations, or put ourselves in situations, where we are tempted to do wrong we have a choice. How do we make the correct choice? We remember what we have been taught, what we have learned, what we believe, what we know and what we want to become. I figure that if we can remember these things old treasures of knowledge, experiences and even testimony will be brought back into our minds...these can only lead us to make righteous choices.
Remembering has so much to do with this Gospel. Remember is in the Sacrament prayers. Remember is mentioned in the scriptures multiple times. I could go on for quite some time on how much we can remember and how it can affect our decisions, our lives and others' lives.
During difficult times, it's hard to remember the good times, but we can! We can remember. One thing I love is that we can pray to remember - what a gift and a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father! Yes, there will be moments that will take time to get through, but we don't need to despair. We can have hope and faith that things will work out, that we can do this! Remember your blessings, remember prayer, remember times you have made promises to do better, remember the Gospel and what it really offers everyone. Remember what the Savior has done for you. Remember that there is so much joy in this life, but we must seek it. Remembrance is a gift, but we must ask for it and desire it.
No comments:
Post a Comment