Well, today was the start of another semester. But this time, it is the beginning of the end!!! It's a strange feeling. I woke up this morning to get ready for an early class (7:45 am) and was walking to campus and not really noticing that I was once again in school, but that it would be my last time. It just kept swimming around in my mind and all I could come up with in response was, "Huh." I only have two classes a day, so it's not so bad.
Today I had History 300, a History Research and Writing class, and Religion 342, Church History 1844-present. I loved both of them. They will be taking up a lot of my time, but I am excited to really get started with them. But, let's back up a minute and clarify this, and break it up so you more fully understand what I mean exactly by "taking up a lot of my time".
History 300: teacher starts off by telling me that even his History Majors (which I am not) have nightmares about his class. Then this morning we start and he lets us know that we don't need to be an intellectual genius to do well in his class, but we must be able to plan and organize our time and assignments well. He says he will explain everything about his class, expectations and assignments we will have during the semester. Oh. And then he tells us that afterward if we feel that we cannot do it or it is not the class for us, or that maybe we are not devoted to spending the amount of time a week he suggested (which was about 9 hours), that we could simply drop the class. Ha! The two girls in front of me kept giving each other glances such as: the mouth-wide-open-gasping-in-silence look, the are-you-for-real look, the you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look, oh and let's not forget the infamous rolling of the eyes. Ha, it was a pretty good laugh, but I can't honestly say that I have no worries or concerns about the class. I do. But, I'm willing to work hard.
I'll keep you updated on that...
Religion 342: Well, this class was actually a relief for me. The teacher said that every class assignment we need to only study and do work for about an hour and a half. But, we already have a test next Monday. This is all I'd like to say for now...
Oh anyway...I really have no room to complain. Both professors seem great and I really like the way they have the courses set up. But, enough of that - I have homework to do.
Volume II will be posted tomorrow after my other two classes. Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment