Rain is reflective. And by reflective, I don't mean it reflects images itself, but causes one to reflect themselves. I love the rain. Ever since I can remember, whenever I would hear, see or smell the rain, I would just light up inside. Even better: thunderstorms. I used to open windows in my house and just sit there and watch and listen as rain, lighting and thunder came together to form magic in the sky.
Another thing I love about rain is how it cleanses things. It really does wash away the bad, and I love the imagery it provides. It always reminds me of the Primary song, When I am Baptized. This song has been a favorite of mine since I was in Primary; it is so calming and the words are lovely:
I like to look for rainbows
whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty
of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean
as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can
and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized
my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven
and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean
as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can
and live with God again.
As you can see, I've been quite reflective today, myself. I feel as if I have a lot to do and a lot ahead of me, yet at the same time, absolutely no clue how to get there (and sometimes, 'there' isn't even quite clear to me, either!). There are people I miss. There are places I miss. There are things I don't understand...and some I may never understand in this lifetime. There are things I wish I would change, do better or stop doing, altogether. So, I'm making today the day. You know, the day to really start doing all the things I wish I would have, could have, should have. Why wait any longer? Why put it off? Why be afraid of what if? The rain has seemed to instill in me a bit of courage and confidence. It has let me have a moment of sadness, but also, a moment of happiness when I realize that, like the clouds in the sky, there is always sunshine behind the dark, we just have to have the patience for it to come through and fill our view, our life.
...What a gift nature is, in so many ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment