And not only do I love food, but I love to make it, bake it, cake it, you name it.
When this love began, or more so, where it came from, I'm not quite sure...but nonetheless, it's a great love to have!
I'm not the type of person to love exotic, new foods from other lands...I might be willing to try it, but it just depends. The word picky comes to mind, although, that sounds rather harsh, don't you think? I mean, I love most food...with the BIG exception of seafood and some other random selections (e.g. mustard, mushrooms [unless mixed in very well], raspberries, blueberries [unless imitation in pancakes, muffins, and so forth], oranges [flavor = amazing! texture = creepy], any type of squash, juice with pulp, honey, pickles, cilantro, tomatoes plain and solo, lamb). Ok, so maybe that parenthetical list is quite pathetic, to be honest...BUT to all those who knew me when I was younger, that list is probably the size of what I would eat! So, it's quite impressive how the tables and saucepans have turned, wouldn't you say?
So, down to business...the foods I really love are those of home cooked meals. You know, the kind that consist of: spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread, au gratin potatoes, lasagna, tacos, fajitas, potato soup, manicotti, pizza, fettucine alfredo, grilled pepper and garlic chicken, sloppy joes, salads...and so on. As for breakfast foods (to make this short), let's just say that I'm a big sucker for cinnamon and anything is great for breakfast MINUS sausage and omelets with any meat involved. Lunch has found some new fun that most recently involves bagel sandwiches...mmm, so delish!
And now for the real honesty...the real love of food...the sweets. Why is it that what is so delicious and mostly irresistible, turns out to be so gosh golly gee whiz bad for you? I mean...who made that rule up? Oh, anyway...the truth is, I have a big sweet tooth. Over the past couple of years, I've gotten better, but I'm not sure if that qualifies what I eat now to be 'better'.
First off, this:
Cheesecake.
Deadly delectable.
I've already decided that
when I get married,
my husband and I
will be eating this
instead of cake.
mmm, mmm, mmm!
Second:
Chocolate Chip Cookies.I found an amazing recipe.
With pudding.
It's perfect.
This leads me to want them
all the time.
And not only has the chocolate chip cookie
overtaken my taste buds...
but the endless possibilities of
variations have overtaken my mind!
oatmeal chocolate chip (or raisin...or raisinetes! both chocolate and raisins!)
with almond joys
with dove chocolate caramel filled candies
with snickers
with reeses
with pb m&ms
white chocolate chip macadamia nut
ok. I'll stop.
ok...one more.
Third:
Rice Krispie Treats...with peanut butter m&ms.
Amazing. Warm or cooled.
Addictive.
Shh! Don't tell anyone...I ate 3!!!
* * *
Well, I think I really should stop writing about food...I'm already starting to salivate. And besides, too many ideas are coming into my head with what to make next...drinks, granola bars with fruit toppings, smoothies...
If you have any recipes you love, and would love to share...share at your own risk. It may just become another personal favorite of mine!
Hmm...you'd think with all this love of food, I'd somehow fall in love with exercising, too...
1 comment:
you are a spiteful thing, aren't you? ha ha.
enjoyed the post, but am now very extremely bitter that i don't have enough bread to make grilled cheese.
Post a Comment