I guess I'll make this post a final "hurrah" (is that even how you spell it? I don't want to say "hooray," but "hoo-rah!"...ya know?) of the many daily posts I've been seeming to put up lately.
I have a new tradition.
Every first snow of the year, I watch Little Women. As of tonight. I wanted to incorporate drinking hot chocolate, as well. But, seeing as we were all out, I couldn't. That was a bit of a sting to my heart, but alas, I did without. I ate a pb&j sandwhich, sunchips and tootsie rolls instead. I guess for this year that will have to do...until next time.
Oh anywho...watching Little Women made me realize how much I love that movie. It's a good one, wouldn't you agree? I love the opening lines,
"My sisters and I remembered that winter as the
coldest of our childhood.
A temporary poverty had settled upon our family some years before.
The war had made fuel and lamp oil scarce.
But necessity is indeed the Mother of invention.
Somehow in that dark time our family,
the March family,
seemed to create
its own
light."
coldest of our childhood.
A temporary poverty had settled upon our family some years before.
The war had made fuel and lamp oil scarce.
But necessity is indeed the Mother of invention.
Somehow in that dark time our family,
the March family,
seemed to create
its own
light."
That one line, "...But necessity is indeed the Mother of invention." really grasped my attention. I'm not exactly sure why...but sitting here thinking about it more I realize I love it because:
a.) The wording and pure way of expression is beautiful and creative (A gift I wish I had).
b.) This statement seems true.
c.) Thinking of how it's true, I'm reminded of when I'm in need of anything, something is invented...
The definition of invent is "to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation" OR "to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment."
The word comes from the Latin inventus, past participle of invenire to come upon, find, from in- + venire to come.
When we have difficult times will come our way and we ask and rely upon the Lord for help, we will come upon or find faith, trust, belief, hope, strength; things we didn't have before are then ours. The Lord will give this and so much more to us! We just need to be humble and admit we need it; His love and omniscient guidance are our necessities. This all comes from experimentation.
a.) The wording and pure way of expression is beautiful and creative (A gift I wish I had).
b.) This statement seems true.
c.) Thinking of how it's true, I'm reminded of when I'm in need of anything, something is invented...
The definition of invent is "to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation" OR "to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment."
The word comes from the Latin inventus, past participle of invenire to come upon, find, from in- + venire to come.
When we have difficult times will come our way and we ask and rely upon the Lord for help, we will come upon or find faith, trust, belief, hope, strength; things we didn't have before are then ours. The Lord will give this and so much more to us! We just need to be humble and admit we need it; His love and omniscient guidance are our necessities. This all comes from experimentation.
No comments:
Post a Comment