Not so.
I was in Las Vegas this weekend. Left at 7:30 am and got back to Orem around 3 pm. My friend that I got a ride with then proceeded to leave Orem around 5:30-6:00 to drive back to Rexburg for school. Of course, after his departure, I come to find out from other friends that the roads are crazy iced over, snow is terrible and a full blown blizzard has made the travel from SLC - Rexburg just awful. One friend called it 'a death trap in the dark'. Not very comforting, if you ask me.
So now I sit in my room hoping and praying for all those driving around those areas that they'll be safe and cautious and slow. Never mind how slow you'll be driving, just drive slow! I say, if you want to get there at all, go slow. Slow is the way to go! Only because I fear driving on ice and having it snow at the same time, it puts me on a bit of an edge. Not good, folks.
And amidst my sitting and hoping and praying, I'm hoping that my friend didn't answer my phone call because he didn't hear his phone, or he couldn't, or he was on the phone with somebody else. Not answering a phone call when I know you're driving in a snow storm does not comfort me.
***
There really is nothing left to write.
Except for the fact that it's super cold here and my feet and toes just don't seem to warm up completely, no matter what. Maybe hot chocolate will do the trick?!
And except for the fact that this weekend was great, but then I got home and just felt bummy. "Maybe it's the fact that I had 2 full days off of work and have to go back tomorrow," I tell myself. I also tried the maybe-it's-because-you-were-in-warmer-weather trick, but no luck there, either. The whole idea that maybe it was because I had a piano to play whenever I wanted and now I don't didn't seem to fit the puzzle piece either. So, I've come to conclude that it's the year-end blues. Do you ever get those? Realizing that the year is at a close, and although it is definitely wonderful and full of great things and blessings and lessons, I also find myself remembering how things have changed (good and not so good, difficult and easier, or, mostly not so difficult) and just how I've changed, people I know that have changed, the world changing, ideas changing....everything, just...different. Like I said, some and most is wonderful and spectacular...but then there are those few little things that aren't the best-est changes. And those little things cause a sting of pain. So, sadly, tonight, I've just got the blues.
1 comment:
"the snow disobeyed me."
love that line.
Post a Comment