Monday, November 29, 2010

My Morning



Last night was not the best of nights for me.

Although, it did get better because a friend of mine invited me over/let me invite myself over (horrible, I know...) for dinner with their family. I was not really wanting to go when the invite was initially given. But after a while of thinking about it, I realized that I had not eaten a real meal all day and it was definitely taking its toll on me. And also, just with the bummy-ness that seemed to fill me up inside, the idea of being around people, and more so a family (because families are spectacular!), sounded like just the right dose of medicine to cure my crummy feelings...and hunger. So, I went out into the snow and wind and drove to the house. It was so warm inside, and not just the temperature of the home. Everyone was so inviting. I have to admit that I felt like a shy, small child coming over. I felt awkward and worried that people would stare or wonder why a girl would just waltz on over and eat their dinner! But, alas, they didn't and I was relieved. I was grateful that they were so kind. They had homemade soup and apple pie...and good heaven's was it tasty. It was great to be in that atmosphere and let all the other feelings that were there just melt away with every spoonful.

Afterward I called my friend again (the one who was driving to Rexburg) and got a hold of him. Another relief. Uneasy feeling: gone. He probably felt like I was nagging or something, or doing the job of his mother or father, but who in the world cares. I was just glad he got there safe amidst the storm of snow.

Still cold, I laid in bed in my pajamas and 3 blankets. My feet still feeling cold, I tried to do other things to get my mind off of it. I talked with a few friends and that was good to catch up and talk about the holidays, how time has gone far too fast this year, growing up, being married one day (ha...why do we, as girls, talk about that even when we're nowhere near dating anyone?! Why?!), where we'll be in 10 years, school, work, where we'll live, how many kids we'll have (again, why?!), and on and on and on. Obviously these were all friends that were girls. Obviously.

Finally I fell asleep.

Then woke up at 4:30 am. Yay.

Then I woke up again at 6:30 when my alarm went off. I was about to get out of bed, when I realized: I don't have to leave for work until 8:30. Blessed day! So...I slept in until 7:30. I didn't need much time to get ready, anyway. And I needed the extra rest.

I got up, turned on my computer and thus proceeded to listen to Christmas music. It was splendid.

And then something else happened. I won't go into detail about it, even though it is quite small and maybe even insignificant to others, but for me, it meant quite a great deal. It made my day. It made all the feelings of last night completely wash away and I was grateful for this person and their words. Sometimes it really is amazing what one person can do, just by being kind. I love that we all have the ability to be an answer to someone's prayer, whether it be in a small way or by answering it entirely.

And lastly...my cute niece. I forgot I had taken this picture. It was a nice surprise to find it on my camera last night. :o)



My morning was a great one.

No comments: