Friday, November 26, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods...and then to a desert.

I drove to Logan on Thanksgiving day. That's right. I drove through Sardine Canyon. Scary? Why would you say such a thing?! Ok, ok, I'll admit that I was pretty nervous the whole time driving towards Brigham City, only to get to the canyon and see that the beginning part was laced with sheets of ice. Not my happiest discovery. Although, on the other hand, I have no problem whatsoever going slow. So I did. After a mile, the ice cleared and the rest of the way was dry roads...until I got to Logan! It was like a snow globe. Goodness, I'd forgotten quickly that that place truly is like a part of Idaho tucked away in Utah. It was beautiful. And yes, I drove slowly again...we're talking 25. It's almost like after winter passes, your mind, or at least mine, forgets what it's like exactly to drive in the snow, and especially ice. And, let's remember: I grew up in Vegas.
Anyway, besides that long story I just shared, the point I'd really get to, is that I went to my aunt and uncles for Thanksgiving and my grandma was there. It was great to see them all and eat some very very delicious food. My aunt and uncle are amazing! They did such a wonderful job cooking all that scrumptious food and having so many people over to share it with. Thanks, Kristen and Mark!
After that lovely embark to the land of cold and frost, I had to drive back. And now, today, I'll be on my way back 'home', where I grew up....Las Vegas. I haven't been to Las Vegas for over a year and a half. It's a bit strange, but I don't actually miss that place. Yes, it's where I grew up, but things are so different there, so many friends are gone, or married, or in school, or something. I miss the places I grew up around, but not Las Vegas itself. But, I can't hide or deny that I'm so excited to go. It'll be great to be in that house one more time before my parents move. I plan on playing the piano everyday. I haven't played that piano for such a long time, either. I miss that.
Also, I'm hoping my mom can teach me her skills of making cinnamon rolls. Goodness gracious those things are divine. I can't wait to make them....and eat them!!!
Well, this little rant has been fun, but now I must be off to pack and hope that my ride doesn't decide to go earlier....because I slept in and need time to get ready! I'll post pictures of my adventures in the desert soon!

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: