Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Girl with the Purple Eye Shadow

I got two compliments today...two! Due to my wearing of purple eye shadow. And so now, I feel that it would only be fitting that I give myself the name of The Girl with the Purple Eye Shadow.

Yes, it does seem quite proper that I should have that name.

The purple eye shadow has stuck with me through thick and thin for about a year. We've become good friends. I think it compliments my eyes, mostly. They're a bluish-green, I'd guess you'd say, although I'm not really sure; they seem to change.

The only sad part about this all is I just purchased a new purple eye shadow. Love the shade - it almost has a hint of iridescence to it. But...it cost $4. I know, I'm way cheap...but when your good eye shadow gets dropped because you drop everything and then it shatters into a hundred teeny tiny pieces in the sink...you must go spend unexpected money on an unexpected, unplanned item...that is now a definite necessity! A necessity, I say!

I just hate buying make up. It's money I don't have for something I don't need.

But, I guess that today, the compliments made it worth it.

Tangent:
I'm not good at receiving compliments. Especially real, sincere ones. Inside, I'm beaming with joy, awe and respect, and also a bit of embarrassment that someone felt the need that something dealing with myself was noteworthy. I get so excited and happy inside, and humbled at times...but then when I want to accept it and say thank you, it never comes out as I'd like. One boy told me today that I was "...particularly pretty today."

!!!

How kind! But that was definitely not what came out. What did come out was something along the lines of, "Stop being so nice!" haha! How gracious and lady-like is that? Not much at all...I need to work on that.

And now I have no idea why I have written any of this. At all. And so now I'll post this, hope that nobody reads it, and if they do, or as time passes by and I have time to think about this post, I'll probably end up deleting it. I'm indecisive like that.

3 comments:

Lyd said...

HAHAHAHAH I Love it Jenny!! Purple is the best eye shadow!! Tis one of my favorites!! It depends on what I'm wearing, but it's usually purple, a dusty blue, or maybe a brown. But purple is favorite! :D And yay for compliments!

c.j. said...

Oh...! Yes, deep, dark colors are my favorite!
And I second the motion for the happiness due to compliments!

Nyssa said...

you are so funny Jenny :)