Today I went to Salt Lake City.
The drive wasn't that bad, and the roads were free of ice and snow.
I love Salt Lake. More specifically downtown.
And even more specifically Temple Square.
It pretty much is my favorite place to be.
Sadly, I have not been there since December 2008.
And even since I've moved to Utah I have not gone...how pathetic is that?!
I know...I know.
So, having SLC in my agenda today already, I figured,
"What the hay, I'm going to go!"
Despite the cold chill that numbed
my hands for a good hour and being there by myself,
it was actually quite wonderful. Very peaceful. Very calming. Very cold.
But beautiful, nonetheless.
I find that it was just what I needed.
The drive wasn't that bad, and the roads were free of ice and snow.
I love Salt Lake. More specifically downtown.
And even more specifically Temple Square.
It pretty much is my favorite place to be.
Sadly, I have not been there since December 2008.
And even since I've moved to Utah I have not gone...how pathetic is that?!
I know...I know.
So, having SLC in my agenda today already, I figured,
"What the hay, I'm going to go!"
Despite the cold chill that numbed
my hands for a good hour and being there by myself,
it was actually quite wonderful. Very peaceful. Very calming. Very cold.
But beautiful, nonetheless.
I find that it was just what I needed.

4 comments:
Yay! I"m glad you actually went :) go you! Also the pics are awesome!
I love 'em. The one with the wheat-looking plants rising in front of the temple is my favorite, followed by the zig-zag bloue ground with yellow window focal point and the one above and below that ok forget the order I like all of them! One neat thing that I didn't pick up on at first about the bottom temple picture is how bright the lamppost light is shining by the temple. Yes, the temple is "light" against dark, but by having that lamppost's light so bright and bulbous, it punches the concept of "Here is where you go to find light in a darkened world!" Very nice pieces. Well designed, too.
Nyssa! Yes, me too :)
p.s. I miss you...as always.
James! Your words are too kind! :) I like your thoughts on the photo with the lamppost...I didn't take it with that purpose in mind...but now that you bring it up, I really like that idea. We all must hold up our own lights, not only for ourselves, but for others along the way who may not have much light to hold up themselves. I also like the idea because, like you said, the Lord is the Light. But we all have the light of Christ in us, and it is our duty and privilege to uphold that Light.
Thanks, James!
I just now realized that you didn't mention the Lord being the Light...I don't know why I wrote that you did...!
Post a Comment