*at work the last 15 minutes, the phone rings. I pick up and answer....*
Me: Hello, how can I help you?
Customer: Oh, well hello! My name is so-and-so and I just saw your commercial and I love your stuff! It looks amazing and I would really like to learn more about it! Are there any pamphlets or brochures or anything that you could send to me?
Me: Yes, most definitely! I can send you the brochures that we have in the mail.
Customer: Well, that would be wonderful! You see, I'm a quadriplegic and I'm legally blind...but I can see! But, I do have some difficulties and challenges. But, the good thing is, is that I have some assistants that can help me look at your products on the brochures and help me decide what I should get. I think it's such a good thing, what you're selling, and I really would like to start buying some items every once in a while. I have a tight budget, so I need to build up over time.
Me: Yes, I feel it's important too, and I definitely can understand having a tight budget! I'll make sure to get those brochures out to you, then.
Customer: Oh! You are so very sweet! You are so kind! You are definitely going to get some pretty cool points in heaven for listening to my blabbing!
Me: Oh thank you! (laughs) And it's definitely not blabbing, I'm happy to listen and help you.
Customer: Oh yes, you are definitely going to get some cool points in heaven so much so that you can't breathe!
Me: (laughs and smiles) Oh, thank you! Now where can I send the information to?
Customer: It is....
Me: Alright, I will get that sent out to you, then. If you want to place an order, just give me a call and I'll be glad to help you.
Customer: Look at you! What is your name?!
Me: Jenny.
Customer: Well, Jenny, thank you so much for being so kind and so helpful to me today. You have been so kind. You really will be getting cool points in heaven for today! I swear, it's going to be so much you can't even breathe!
Me: Not a problem.
Customer: I will definitely call in to place my order with you. You have been so kind. Have a wonderful night!
Me: Thank you! Have a good night!
Customer: Goodbye!
Me: Goodbye!
I loved talking with this lady! She was the sweetest, cutest lady ever! She literally was just complimenting me (for what exactly, I'm not sure!) every chance she got. It really brightened my day that someone thanked me. I felt a bit of a connection speaking with her - she spoke a bit slower than someone else you would normally speak with. I really had to pay attention and listen. She was such a dear lady! I do hope she calls in to place in order, just so I can talk with her again!
***
Another thing that made today great:
After a few weeks of feeling uncertain about something I decided to do a long time ago, I finally felt a great rush of peace and happiness, a feeling of what I did was right. It was such a wonderful thing to feel. All of my worries and concerns literally seemed to vanish in seconds upon realizing that I had made the right decision and pushed through all the opportunities that kept arising time after time offering me a chance to quit and stop. It would have been easy to let it go, but I'm glad I didn't. What has gone unsaid has been difficult to keep inside, but I have a feeling that in one way or another, one day or another (or even years down the road), it will be felt inside and understood.
Always,
Ami
Another thing that made today great:
After a few weeks of feeling uncertain about something I decided to do a long time ago, I finally felt a great rush of peace and happiness, a feeling of what I did was right. It was such a wonderful thing to feel. All of my worries and concerns literally seemed to vanish in seconds upon realizing that I had made the right decision and pushed through all the opportunities that kept arising time after time offering me a chance to quit and stop. It would have been easy to let it go, but I'm glad I didn't. What has gone unsaid has been difficult to keep inside, but I have a feeling that in one way or another, one day or another (or even years down the road), it will be felt inside and understood.
Always,
Ami
No comments:
Post a Comment