Male Caller: Hi, ma'am. I am calling from Germany and I am wondering about one of your products.
Me: Alright, and what product were you looking at?
German Man: Oh, the such and such pack.
Me: Ok, yes.
German Man: I would really like to order this item. Six of them.
Me: Ok, well, where would we be shipping this to?
German Man: Well...that's what I was wondering. We would be shipping it to Germany. Can you do that?
Me: I don't think we can. Let me check and make sure for you, though. One moment, please.
......a minute passes......
Me: Thank you for holding, sir. I'm sorry, but we actually are not certified to ship overseas, yet, but we are anticipating that we will be able to in the near future, probably in about 6 month's time.
German Man: Oh...ok. Yes, you see...well...are you familiar with the Mormons?
Me: Yes! Yes. Yes I am! Very much so (smiles and laughs softly)!
German Man: Well, you see, my wife is the Relief Society President of our Branch here in Germany and I just know that so many people would love to have this product, themselves. My wife is fascinated by your products.
Me: Yes. They are great! I wish we could ship them to you, but we don't have the ability to do that yet.
German Man: (Speaks in German to his wife in the background) Well, do you think it would be possible if we had it shipped to somebody over there in the U.S.? And then they could ship it to us, maybe?
Me: I'm quite sure that would be possible.
German Man: Ok! Yes, our son is over there visiting friends, so maybe we could ship it to him.
Me: Yes, that would be great. Here is my email, so you can write me and let me know if that is what you would like to do. Feel free to write anytime.
German Man: Ok. Thank you so very much.
Me: You're welcome.
German Man: Have a nice day. Thank you.
Me: You too! Thank you for calling. Good bye.
German Man: Good bye.
*****
I got to talk to somebody in Europe...in Germany!!! That pretty much made my day. The entire conversation I was imagining their humble abode tucked in a beautiful background, nearby is a cobblestone street, old venues, and people wearing unique apparel. Perhaps there were big billowing clouds in the blue sky above their home. The wife was in the background, making dinner, perhaps. Or not. Maybe she was taking care of children. Or not. Maybe she was just sitting down relaxing. Or not. Maybe cleaning. There's always cleaning to do. I also imagined them having the Liahona in German sitting on a small table in their entrance room. His voice was gentle and sincere. I imagined he was at least 40, with dark hair, with some gray hairs here and there. I was imagining them as humble, gracious and kind people. I was imagining how they were members, so many many miles away, but still as you and as I. The same.
It was a neat connection. A connection that I never expected to catch me at work. But I'm sure glad it did. Little moments that make you stop and think are the moments that make you understand things better, and have more of a grateful heart, and a more loving one for those you don't even know. Who knew you could feel connected, even in the smallest way, to a German man calling you at work?
I love unexpected moments like that. They brighten my day.
Danke, Herr Deutschland.
It was a neat connection. A connection that I never expected to catch me at work. But I'm sure glad it did. Little moments that make you stop and think are the moments that make you understand things better, and have more of a grateful heart, and a more loving one for those you don't even know. Who knew you could feel connected, even in the smallest way, to a German man calling you at work?
I love unexpected moments like that. They brighten my day.
Danke, Herr Deutschland.
1 comment:
that is so cool!! I love how you pictured them. So cute. "quaint" in fact.
Post a Comment